Reliance Worldwide Corporation Valve Warranty
Subject to the warranty conditions and exclusions set out below RWC valves are warranted to be free from defects in material and/or workmanship for a period of 24 months service life and if found by RWC to be so defective will be replaced as set out below. If the valve is sold by a party other than RWC then it is sold by that seller as principal and the seller has no authority from RWC to give any additional warranty on behalf of RWC.
The benefits of this warranty are in addition to all other rights and remedies. Our goods come with guarantees that cannot be excluded under Australian Consumer Law, You are entitled to a replacement or refund for a major failure and for compensation for any other reasonably foreseeable loss or damage. You are also entitled to have the goods repaired or replaced if the goods fail to be of acceptable quality and the failure does not amount to a major failure.
Warranty Conditions and Exclusions
1. The valve must have been installed by a licensed plumber in accordance with the RWC Installation Instructions and Application Guidelines supplied with the valve, and in accordance with the National Plumbing and Drainage Code AS3500 (the Code) current at the date of installation and all relevant statutory and local requirements in the State or Territory in which the valve is installed.
2. Where the valve is installed outside the boundaries of a metropolitan area as defined by RWC, the cost of transport insurance and traveling shall be the purchaser’s responsibility.
3. Where the valve comprises part of a hot water system, installation of that system must be in accordance with its manufacturer’s recommendations, the Code and all relevant statutory and local State or Territory requirements.
4. The valve may be returned to the seller or alternatively mailed to RWC together with detail of the failure at your expense. Should during the warranty period shown above contain a defect as a result of manufacture RWC will replace the valve and pay for expense of shipment of the replaced valve.
5. Where the valve is replaced under warranty the replacement valve carries a new warranty as detailed herein.
Replacement work will be carried out as set out in the RWC Warranty above, but the following exclusions may cause the warranty to become void, and may incur a service charge including cost of parts where:
6. Damage has been caused by accident, Acts of God, misuse, incorrect installation, incorrect installation of the hot water system of which the valve forms a part or attempts to disassemble the valve.
7. It is found that there is nothing wrong with the valve.
8. The failure of the valve is due in part or in whole to faulty manufacture/installation of the hot water system of which the valve forms part.
9. The valve has failed directly or indirectly as a result of excessive water pressure or temperature outside the Application Guidelines, thermal input or corrosive environment.
10. The valve has failed due to foreign matter either from installation or the water supply.
11. The failure of the valve is due to scale formation in the waterways of the valve.
12. The failure of the valve is due in part, or in whole, to installation not in conformance with the requirements of the Code.
13. RWC reserves the right to change its specifications without prior notice and will not accept liability for any claim arising from such change.
14. Subject to any statutory provisions to the contrary, claims for damage to furniture, carpets, walls, foundations or any other consequential loss either directly or indirectly due to leakage from the valve are also excluded from warranty cover.
© All rights reserved 2019